The disappointment of snowAfter three years waiting the monsters met their first snow this week.
It turns out snow is:
- cold - yes, I did mention the frozen water thing
- wet - the little monster filled her gumboot with snow in a zillisecond and had a tragic sock thereafter
- hard and icy - well spring has sprung, the sun is sunny and the snow is not at its powdery best. This means no snow angels and great difficulties with snowpeople.
- located on inconveniently slopey ground - ah yes, we live in a vast continent of huge climate extremes including an unparalleled desert collection and a steamy tropical swathe. Snow falls on a incey wincey portion of our country and all these bits are at the top of mountains. All pointy.
- the location of a fun-looking sport - Mum will not be spending 300 smackeroos for you two to take a 2 hour skiing class. Sad but true.
- tiring - changing frozen, wet, exhausted monsters in a boot by the side of the road is not my idea of a good time.
Who am I kidding. I have just forgotten the other 13,000 items currently on the wish list.