Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy anniversary, dear husb.

Tomorrow will be the anniversary of our 8th year together.  As you know I am not keen on cards so here is a blob instead.

Looking back on this time, I feel it is apprope to make several comments on how things have gone so far.

Firstly, we made nice kids.  Obviously a bit crafty and lazy in the cleaning up department, but generally, they are a delight.  Our genetic combination has produced girls who bunny hop to the loo when they realise the morning wee is overdue, and who pick 'love' as their favourite word starting with 'l' for their alphabet reminder poster.

Secondly, with some stress and hearty discussion here and there, we ride the changes together, whether these have been financial, health-related or in terms of our time management.  I particularly love that you learned to cook and the roast chicken with almonds, olives and mustard served with a rocket mountain is magnificient.  Thank you.

Thirdly, we are getting older.  Aside from the droopy bits, grey bits, tired spells, etc, I am looking forward to continuing to do this with you.  Some time in the next 15 years we may have more time to spend talking together about topics other than plumbing repairs and paying gymnastics fees.  I look forward to that time and in particular I love the fact that I have no idea what topics may arise.  Probably most of them.

Finally, and I am aware of your concurrent view on this, we need more time together - nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment